Kids' Corner: Chicken Pot Pie

Something magical happened last weekend. Tiegan got a cookbook out at the library on Saturday morning and announced that she would be preparing dinner on Sunday. She did, and it was delicious. Check out her adaptation of a chicken pot pie from The Children's Baking Book by Denise Smart.

Making the Pie

1. I made a creamy sauce with butter, flour, chicken stock, milk, sour cream, and spices. I chose salt, pepper, and dried savory and oregano from the garden.

2. I cooked the chicken in a frying pan with some oil and chopped onions. They made me cry a lot.


3. I mixed the cooked chicken, frozen peas, and frozen corn into the sauce. 

4. I divided the mixture into four individual pie dishes and let it cool for a little bit.

5. I cut out puff pastry circles and put them over the dishes. 

6. I put them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.


The original recipe had ham in it and no corn, but everybody enjoyed it anyway. It wasn't too hard to make, and I would make it again. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?